Thursday, July 8, 2010

I love Salmon

For all my seafood lover fans out there... since there is only two of you, I have a 50/50 shot, well, not really since I know one of you for sure doesn't like seafood... ANYWAY, I made the most scrumptious dinner tonight, take a look see:


This my friends is called Spaghetti with Lemon, Basil, and Salmon.  It was very good and quick/easy to make, too!  Anyway, I'll quit blabbing about it and post the recipe for those of you that love seafood as much as I.  You won't be sorry, I promise!

Ingredients

1/2 pound whole-wheat spaghetti pasta
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 (4-ounce) pieces salmon
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons capers
1 lemon, zested
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves

Directions

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add the garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.

Meanwhile, warm the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Add the fish to the pan and cook until medium-rare, about 2 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish. Remove the salmon from the pan.

Add the basil, capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the spaghetti mixture and toss to combine. Set out 4 serving plates or shallow bowls. Place 1/2 cup spinach in each bowl. Top with 1/4 of the pasta. Top each mound of pasta with a piece of salmon. Serve immediately.

Enjoy, and let me know how you like it!

1 comment:

  1. This looks sooo yummy. Thanks for the recipe! I'm a terrible cook but this looks like something I can't mess up. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails