Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Birthday Boy

Victor turned 33 last Wednesday, so for the entire day I hear things like, "I just drank coffee for the first time as a 33 yr old" or, "I just brushed my teeth for the first time as a 33 yr old", you get the point. And yes, I hear things of the same effect the day before his birthday too... the LAST time doing things etc...  We took the Birthday Boy to The Oasis for dinner. We got there just in time to watch the sunset. The boys were great and enjoyed the time out. I was forced into a margarita and by forced I mean, he ordered one, so I had to, too.  A few pictures to put you there in the moment with us:



Once home, the boys and I sang happy birthday, ate some yummy birthday cake, and let the Birthday Boy open his present.  I have to admit to drawing a blank when I was shopping and got him things that he had asked for recently.  He said, "thanks" and "I know I'm old b/c I just got grandpa gifts".  WHAT is he talking about?  Since when are slippers, handkerchiefs, and a thermos considered "grandpa gifts"?  Sheesh.


Ok, ok, he didn't ask for the thermos... I just liked it and thought he'd use it since he drinks a small trough of coffee daily.  It'll go back to Ikea next week.  Despite the gifts, I think he had a great birthday.  Now, if anyone wants to come help us get rid of this birthday cake, please come!  It calls to me... and I give into it every time.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails